Anna Mioni learned to read at an early age and has not stopped since; she maintains that while everyone wants to write books, her mission in life is to read them all. Her relentless curiosity drove her early on to develop further in an international context at the United World College of the Adriatic where an academic grant allowed her to pursue the International Baccalaureate. She continues to maintain her zest for overseas experience with frequent participations in residencies for writers and translators abroad.
After graduating in Italian Literature from the University of Padua, she received her MA in 1997 in Literary Translation (from English to Italian) from the University Ca’ Foscari in Venice. Since then she has translated almost ninety books from English and Spanish (including ones by authors such as Lester Bangs, Douglas Coupland, Tom McCarthy, Sam Lipsyte) for the most important Italian publishers.
In 2022 she won both the Premio Annibal Caro for literary translation, and the Premio Letteraria Fano per la Traduzione prizes; she was shortlisted at the Premio Letteraria Fano in 2020, and longlisted for the Monselice Prize for translation in 2008 and 2009. She has worked with the Italian publishers Aries (Franco Muzzio Editore, Arcana) and Alet Edizioni as editor, scout, in-house translator and foreign rights consultant.
She holds classroom (at the FUSP Master Course and at SSML Vicenza Master Course and on call at the University of Padova) and online translation seminars. Music is one of the things she professes not to be able to live without and she always keeps an eye out for it, even in the world of books.
- In March 2012 Anna Mioni founded her own literary agency, AC² Literary Agency
Winner of Premio Letteraria Fano 2022 per la Traduzione for her translation of Jennifer Pashley, Gli osservati (The Watcher), Carbonio 2021
Winner of Premio Annibal Caro 2022 for her translation of Caleb Azumah Nelson, Mare aperto (Open Water), Atlantide 2021
- – Premio per la Traduzione Letteraria Fano 2020 for Steven Amsterdam, La via più facile, Biplane 2019
- – Premio Monselice per la Traduzione Letteraria 2009 for Tom McCarthy, Déjà-vu, ISBN edizioni 2008
- – Premio Monselice per la Traduzione Letteraria 2008 for Daniel Handler, Avverbi, Alet 2007, and Lester Bangs, Impubblicabile!, Minimum fax 2008
TRANSLATIONS PENDING PUBLICATION OR IN PROGRESS
- Joyce Carol Oates, With Shuddering Fall.
- Ling Ma, Bliss Montage.
- Morrissey, Autobiography (co-translation).
- Robert Westfield, Suspension.
- James Mylet, Lex.
DETAILED RESUME ON LINKEDIN or upon request